Road Trippers Check List
Kick-start your vacation with the peace of mind that comes from doing a little organizing before the trip.
- Decide how many days you can spend on your vacation. Most Cascade Loop travelers spend more than 4 days but not to worry?you can see the Loop in 2 days or 10?whatever works for your timeframe and budget.
- Make reservations. We always recommend making reservations for lodging and camping to find great specials when doing research. Check out our Eat.Play and Deals sections.
- Establish a flexible itinerary. We recommend traveling the Loop counter-clockwise for the best views. Decide early on your ?must-see? stops, and how much time you?d like to spend there. Road trips are so much more fun when you have ample time to really get out and explore.
- Reserve your transportation. If flying into Seatac Airport and renting a vehicle, make your life easier and reserve your vehicle in advance. The Port of Seattle has a complete list of vehicle rental companies on-site.
- Driving your own vehicle? Make sure it?s road-trip-ready. Driving an electric vehicle? Plan where you will charge up.
- Be tech-ready. If planning to use GPS, spend time getting familiar with your equipment and researching your route before your trip so you aren?t learning while driving. Pack charging cords for all of your electronics. Plan to charge in-vehicle and while at your nightly accommodations. Load up your smartphone with music, audiobooks and podcasts to listen to while driving.