Anacortes Waterfront Festival
The Anacortes Waterfront Festival is all about letting your inner sailor embrace life on the water. This annual Anacortes event has something for everyone: an open-air car show, food vendors, arts and craft booths, children’s activities, giant slides, water balls, dinners…Continue reading this story.
The Anacortes Waterfront Festival is all about letting your inner sailor embrace life on the water. This annual Anacortes event has something for everyone: an open-air car show, food vendors, arts and craft booths, children’s activities, giant slides, water balls, dinners and dances, live music and entertainment, wine and beer garden, and so much more!
2016 Dates: Saturday June 4 and Sunday June 5
• Free Boat Rides – Brought to you by the Anacortes Yacht Club. Get there early on Saturday and Sunday for a free boat ride in the waters around Anacortes. The first boats head out at 10am each day. Sign up starting at 9:45am at the gazebo by the Marina office for your ride. Much thanks to the Anacortes Yacht club for donating their time and use of their boats for the community event!
• Quick and Dirty Boat Building Demonstration – Coordinated by the Anacortes Small Boat Center, teams work form 10am-3pm on Saturday to build boats out of limited materials and then demonstrate the floatability. Click here for rules and sign-up form. All proceeds from the entry fees and judging goes to help fund ASBC’s long-term goal of a permanent small-boat facility in Anacortes. Click here to watch a video of the boat building and demonstration.
• The Milk Carton Derby is back for 2016, on Sunday June 5th. Registration has ended. Awards will be given for: Most Creative Derby Vessel; First Crew Across Finish Line in Milk Carton Derby Course (on floating vessel); Most Creative and it Floats!
• Trail Tales – Self Guided Walking Tours of our Working Waterfront – Stop by the information booth to get started
• Model Boat Show – Hosted by Skagit R/C Ship Modelers.
• All Corvette Car Show Saturday June 4 – Contact the Majestic Glass Corvette Club: 299.9303
• Custom Classic Car Show Sunday June 5 – Contact the Majestic Glass Corvette Club: 299.9303
• BlackJack Squadron – Formation flyover in honor of D-Day
• Channel of Discovery – Educational displays where you can learn about boats, the waterfront and more
• Children’s Area – Free activities for children and pay-for-play features
• Build a boat with Fidalgo Island Rotary
• Make puppets for the Parade of Species with the Anacortes Arts Festival on Saturday & Sunday
and Much Much More!
Written by Angie Riley On 13th September 2017
Location: Paine Field in Everett, WA Everett located just 30 miles north of downtown Seattle is the birthplace of the Boeing ...